[SUBTRACTION] WK2 OTHER MILL

IMG_1639

IMG_1640

IMG_1641

IMG_1643

measured the Width(4.0 inch) and Height(3.0 inch) and Thickness(0.27inch) of the material.
I inserted the numbers in the parentheses above. The cutting area, width and height were rounded down because
having safe area would be better. On the other hand the thickness was rounded up because the material is gonna
have the thickness of tape and it would be better to cut through the material.

IMG_1644

I cleaned the spoil bed and the material with acetone. And the tapes were applied.

IMG_1645

IMG_1646

IMG_1647

I placed the material on the bed and put the 1/8″ bit which later caused removal of the material.
So, during the setup on the software side, I had to set fixturing on the bed. So, I removed the material.
And did the fixturing on the bed to zero all the axis. X,Y,Z. I placed the material again and typed in the
values. (I remember that it was possible to zero the Y-axis with the material on it. So, if I re-figured, I
could’ve setup the material first and do the fixturing later.)

IMG_1648

IMG_1651

I imported the svg file and it started engraving which I did not want to do. So, I stopped the machine and looked at the buttons.
The buttons were black and gray set up which were hard to tell engraving and cut-out mode. Once I got used to it with the software I found that the otherplan is not working well with SVG file. So, I made two different files on is the outer circle and the other is the inside hole. With the beatbreaker mode, I could change the inside holes to cut inside but the virtually it was not shown. I think it is because the size of the inside holes are smaller than the bit size. So, I fixed the radius bigger and made inside cut. However, one thing that I noticed was even I made the two svg files from the same AI file, the inside holes were off the center. So, instead of making separate files, I just placed the file at the optimal position because it is experiment.

IMG_1649

IMG_1652

Now it was cutting and I put my mouse pointer at the pause button preparing for the emergency stop.
Here is the result.

IMG_1654

IMG_1655

There is the engraving at the first try-out.

IMG_1656

IMG_1657

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s